Lake Side Family Retreat
Holiday home on the shores of Lake Rotorua
With all the comforts you would expect from a high quality lake house such as this, you can’t help but relax and enjoy yourself as soon as you walk in the door. Most of the rooms have excellent views of the lake looking out to Mokoia Island and beyond.
The house is situated on a large section and positioned to make the most of the stunning lake views and enormous front yard and lakeside reserve. You’ll see the city lights across the lake by night and the ever changing Lake Rotorua by day.
Directly in front of the house, you’ll also find some of the regions most productive trout fishing waters, and that’s saying something considering the Rotorua region boasts some 18 lakes! Bring your fly rod and cast off the front lawn or launch the boat at the boat ramp only minutes down the road. We’ve seen trout jumping within 15m of the beach right in front of the house so give it a go, you might hook the big one!
There are two kayaks (and life jackets) supplied for you to enjoy a paddle on the lake. Maybe even drag a trout lure behind you as the kayaking speed is the perfect trolling speed.
After a day of enjoying what Rotorua has to offer, come home and relax on the deck and cook a BBQ or soak in the private spa pool looking out towards the lake.
During the winter months, the house has a wood burner with plenty of wood to keep everyone toasty warm. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to light a fire, we’ll set it all up for you ready to strike a match and start it.
Yes, it’s all here so just pack your bags and come and see for yourself, we know you’ll love it as much as we do!
“The property had just been refurbished to a high standard. It was lovely and clean and very well equipped. We had lovely sunny, winter days which were very crisp but the house had a wood burner and the bedrooms had wall heaters which helped to keep the house warm. The view from the house across the lake is beautiful and it is not too far out so you can get to all the attractions without any hassle.”
- Maximum Guests:
- 10 x people
- 1 x King Bed
2 x Queen Bed
4 x Single bunks
- Refer to booking calendar as rates vary depending on long weekends & holiday periods. Rates listed below are also exclusive of cleaning and linen charges
- Book using your credit card (3% Credit Card fee applies) or contact us to arrange alternative payment options
- Nearest Airport:
- 3kms. 50 minute flights from Auckland and Wellington
- Master Bedroom:
- Master bedroom has a king bed, a private ensuite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe
- Full kitchen facilities including, ceramic cook top and oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, generous pantry
- Dining table:
- Seats 6 x people
- Outdoor Entertainment:
- The outdoor entertaining area is accessed off the lounge and looks straight out to Lake Rotorua and Mokoia Island. There is also a BBQ table, a BBQ and a Spa Pool for your enjoyment.
- Flat screen TV
Full cell phone coverage
Free Wireless broadband
Linen commercially laundered
Fully equipped laundry
Central wood burner with plenty of wood
- Thermostat controlled heaters in each bedroom
- Spa Pool
- Kayaks & life jackets
- Nespresso Coffee Machine
- Soda Stream
Check In / Check Out & Cancellation Policy
- Check in / check out:
- 3pm arrival – 10:30am departure
- Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations received with less than twenty one days notice are subject to 50% charge of the total accommodation price.
Cancellations received with less than fourteen days are subject to 75% charge of the total accommodation price.
Cancellations received with less than seven days notice are subject to 100% charge of the total accommodation price.
Naturally we will endeavour to re-book the house in the event of a cancellation and, if successful a 75% refund will be made. Sorry no pets and no smoking.